Eleven Tips For Sound Sleep Solutions
Sound sleep solutions
Sleep is essential to ensure our health and fitness. However, thousands if not millions of people struggle with sleeplessness every single day or, more appropriately, every night. Due to sleep deprivation, these people develop a number of illnesses that, in turn, adversely affect their work, business, relationships, and overall quality of life.
Insomniacs and other people with milder sleeping problems usually, almost by instinct, would consider using sleep medications. But before purchasing sleeping pills, people should first try making certain lifestyle adjustments to learn sound sleep solutions. The suggested lifestyle changes shown below would perhaps save you the effort and cost of buying a sleep aid product:
- Drink a cup of chamomile tea. Chamomile is an herb that people have been using for centuries. It is known to promote sleep and treat other ailments like upset stomach.
- Avoid any strenuous exercise three hours before bed. Exercising and engaging in intense physical activities a couple of hours before going to sleep may increase the adrenaline levels in the body and cause sleep disruptions.
- Eat potatoes, whether still warm or at room temperature, before going to bed. Potatoes are complex carbohydrates that are recommended to be consumed just before going to bed for natural, restful sleep. Do you think this will help you discover sound sleep solutions?
- Drink a mug of hot milk with honey. Milk contains high levels of melatonin while honey is said to have sleep-inducing properties and may act as a sedative.
- Minimize naps. Naps are usually recommended to be not over one hour because napping too much may disrupt sleep during the night.
- Doze, rest and meditate. Meditation is a practice where one focuses on a certain sound, object, or thought. Visualization, breathing, and controlled body movements all make up the health-giving practice of meditation. Many clinical studies suggest that this activity actually relieves stress and promotes relaxation.
- Avoid stimulants such as tea and coffee in the evening – These drinks are high in caffeine, a substance that is known to decrease ability to sleep. For some, caffeine may also increase anxiety and nervousness at high doses.
- Take magnesium supplements. Doses of about 250 milligrams may induce sleep. Consuming magnesium-rich foods like kelp, wheat bran, almonds, and cashew nuts may help promote sound sleep.
- Maintain evening rituals. For sound sleep solutions, reading, sewing, playing card games, and other activities one likes to do should be done before going to bed. Health experts suggest that any activity that is ritually done before going to bed helps signal the body that sleeping time is coming up.
- Find out if you have sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is a sleep condition in which breathing stops for a few seconds during sleep. This condition is one of the causes of daytime sleepiness.
- Use white noise. Boxes are available that produce what is called `White Noise’. It is that this kind of noise may aid individuals who are having difficulty in their sleep.
With some lifestyle changes, sound and quality sleep can be achieved. If these lifestyle changes fail, ask your health practitioner about sleep aid medications that can be used to treat your condition. Be sure to carefully follow the instructions to avoid side effects and drug interactions.
For me, losing weight helped out on many health issues. Click here to see how I was able to do it: http://bit.ly/1rLhW2c