Shaklee Glucose Regulation Complex provides natural support for normal glucose metabolism. It helps to transport glucose into cells, making your system more efficient and effective at utilizing blood sugar, and helping to retain normal blood sugar levels.*
This unique combination of nutrients also contains Alpha Lipoic Acid, a powerful antioxidant that enhances the effect of Vitamins C and E, for efficient antioxidant activity.*
The number of people with high levels of blood sugar has been climbing rapidly in all age groups. The incidence among people in their 30’s has jumped 70% in the past decade alone. An estimated 16 million Americans—including at least 300,000 children—have seriously high levels of glucose in their blood.
The flow of glucose from the blood into the cells, which helps produce energy, is directed by the hormone insulin. In a healthy person, insulin attaches to special receptors on the surface of cells, signaling the cell walls to open so the glucose can enter. Once inside, glucose can be stored or burned for energy. If insulin doesn’t work as the door opener, high levels of
glucose and insulin remain in the blood. Cells may not have enough stored energy for normal functions.
Retaining normal blood sugar levels is an important part of controlling long-term health. An estimated one in four Americans, or 70 million people, could benefit from dietary support to help the body make efficient use of the insulin it already produces.
GLUCOSE REGULATION COMPLEX*:
Glucose Regulation Complex provides a unique blend of specific scientifically supported minerals, a botanical, and antioxidants that can help promote normal blood sugar levels.*
- Promotes efficient glucose utilization.* Magnesium, chromium, zinc and vanadium support the body’s ability to process glucose.*
- Aids normal glucose transport into cells and normal responsiveness of cells to insulin.* Banaba leaf extract and the minerals magnesium and chromium promote efficient transport of glucose from the blood into cells, promoting normal blood glucose levels.* The antioxidants alpha lipoic acid, zinc, and taurine help protect the integrity of cells so they can respond normally to insulin.*
- Helps sustain energy and prevent blood sugar crashes that can lead to carbohydrate cravings.* When taken as part of a healthful, high-fiber diet, chromium and banaba leaf extract can help stave off blood sugar crashes that can lead to feelings of low energy, hunger, carbohydrate cravings, and between-meal snacking.*
- Provides antioxidant protection and helps to recycle vitamins C and E for additional antioxidant activity.* Alpha lipoic acid is a powerful antioxidant in itself, but it also helps recharge the antioxidant protection of vitamins C and E.* Zinc and chromium also have significant effects on oxidative stress.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM GLUCOSE REGULATION COMPLEX*?
- Adult men and women who are concerned about maintaining optimal blood sugar levels
- Those who are making lifestyle changes to help maintain long-term health
HOW SHOULD GLUCOSE REGULATION COMPLEX* BE USED?
Two capsules daily with a meal. Do not take on an empty stomach. Caution: Do not use this product if you are hypoglycemic. Consult your physician if you have diabetes or are pregnant or nursing. This product is not intended for use by children under age 12.
WHAT’S IN GLUCOSE REGULATION COMPLEX*?
SCIENTIFIC SUPPORT FOR THE INGREDIENTS IN GLUCOSE REGULATION COMPLEX*:
- Banaba leaf extract/colosolic acid (Langerstroemia speciosa). In laboratory studies, colosolic acid was shown to stimulate glucose uptake. In a series of small studies, an extract standardized to 1% colosolic acid was found to help maintain normal blood glucose levels.
- Chromium is an essential mineral required for normal insulin function. Several studies have found that chromium supplements can support carbohydrate metabolism and blood glucose control. Chromium has been shown to lower oxidative stress.
- Magnesium. A large population study found that women consuming the highest amounts of magnesium had the greatest likelihood of maintaining normal blood sugar levels.
- Vanadium may be involved in the regulation of insulin function and the maintenance of normal blood glucose levels.
- Zinc may help insulin bind properly to insulin receptors on cell walls and plays an important role in insulin production and secretion. Zinc is also a component of the antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase, giving it a role in combating oxidative stress. Zinc and chromium each has a significant effect on oxidative stress, but the combination of the two minerals has been shown to be more effective than each alone.
- Taurine. The amino acid taurine has been clinically investigated for a potential role in the control of blood sugarlevels. Taurine helps stabilize cell membranes and appears to have free radical scavenging activity. Taurine has also been shown to support normal platelet function.
- Alpha lipoic acid. Experimental studies suggest that alpha lipoic acid may also play a role in glucose transport, in addition to its role in antioxidant protection.
WHY CHOOSE SHAKLEE GLUCOSE REGULATION COMPLEX*?
- Unique approach to regulating blood sugar levels by making your system more efficient and effective at utilizing blood glucose*
- Unique combination of natural ingredients to help maintain cell responsiveness to insulin*
- Supports efficient insulin function, thereby helping to maintain long-term cardiovascular health and retain normal blood sugar levels*
- Combines the best of nature and science
- 100% Shaklee Guaranteed**
- Glucose Regulation Complex Flyer, #74759 (E), #74760 (S),available May, 2002
- 2002 Product Guide, #74733, available August 2002
- Special April 2002 Hotline Product Profile Segment, #65803
Anderson, RA., Review: Chromium, glucose intolerance and diabetes. J Am Coll Nutr 1998; 17:548-555.
Anderson, RA., Potential antioxidant effects of zinc and chromium supplementation in type 2 diabetes mellitus. J Am Coll Nutr 2002; 20:212-18.
Elizarova, EP et al., First experiments in taurine administration for diabetes mellitus. Adv Exp Med Biol 1996; 33:2835-2838.
Jacob, S., Oral administration of alpha-lipoic acid modulates insulin sensitivity in patients with Type 2 diabetes mellitus. Free Rad Biol Med 1999; 27-309-14.
Paolisso, G et al., Daily magnesium supplements improve glucose handling in elderly subjects. Am J Clin Nutr 1992; 55:1161-67.
Reaven, GM., Role of insulin resistance in human disease. Diabetes 1998; 37:1595-1607.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
**If for any reason a Shaklee product is not satisfactory, return it to your Shaklee Independent Distributor or Shaklee Corporation for exchange or full refund.
Shaklee Corporation, Pleasanton, CA 94588