Here are my favorite quotes from the Shaklee Regional Conference in Long Beach in 2014:
- Shaklee – Live in Harmony with NatureShaklee is the Number 1 Natural Nutrition Supplement Company and they started with the first bio-degradable household cleaner Basic H over 50 years ago. Shaklee has never lost the vision of being an environmental green company and never will.
- We are part of the “Participation Economy”By building a Shaklee business each business leader is not sitting around waiting for the economy to provide them a living. They are being proactive and participating in their future – not just hoping something good will happen.
- Vision without action achieves nothingSo many people have great ideas and great vision. But without action rarely is anything accomplished.
- Attend everythingNever turn down the chance to meet people and learn new things. Even the most successful business leaders are able to learn something new to improve their lives either professionally or personally. Look for the gems in what people are saying.
- Posture tells the storyThis is one of my favorites. You can tell more about a conversation by observing the posture of both the speaker and the listener. If they are interested and open to the discussion you can tell even without hearing what is being said.
- Don’t try to change people – there are easier ways to build a businessToo many people try to change others to get them to try new things. This is too much work. Make it easier on yourself. Building a business is a numbers game. It is much easier to find the right person than it is to focus all of your efforts convincing someone of something they never will accept.
- Don’t be more dissatisfied with people’s lives than they areWhen you know that what you have to offer – in this case Shaklee products and business opportunity you can be frustrated when you know that the listener would benefit but is not going to change. As Pat Hintze said: “Money? Time? Health? Cars? Travel? Which one of these is this guy not interested in getting more of?”
- The Shaklee EffectAt Shaklee, we believe that small actions today lead to big effects tomorrow. That’s what we call The Shaklee Effect™. Over time, these small actions multiply to create the foundation for financial freedom for you, healthier, longer lives to spend with the people you care about, and a cleaner, brighter future for all. Little by little, your actions can change the world.
- The Shaklee DifferenceOur mission at Shaklee is to provide a healthier life for everyone and a better life for anyone. We do it by making natural products that are so exceptional, you just have to tell your friends. Every product that goes into every Shaklee bottle is designed to improve health, work without compromise, and be gentle on the planet.
- Explode the SharingThis is the power of Shaklee Social Marketing. When you tell one person about Shaklee, then they tell another who spreads the word it doesn’t take long to reach a wide audience.
- The Power of ONEThis is probably the most important thing I learned. The Power of One. When you are building your Shaklee business and share it with one person you never know if this is the one person that will take the ball and run with it. What a great feeling when that happens. And you will never know until you share it with enough people to find that ONE.
- The Power of ANDThe Power of AND describes the way that we can recognize our lives and actions in the past AND how that impacts our future.
- The further up the pole of success you find yourself, the more your butt is going to be exposedOne of the facts of life is that the more successful we become the more people are going to be closely watching what we do. But this is a problem we all want to have, right?
- It is easier to give birth than it is to resurrect the deadWhen building a business you can continue to work with people that probably aren’t going anywhere but at some point you have to cut your losses and look for the next one.
- If you are riding a dead horse – get offJust like resurrecting the dead, if the horse you are on is no longer kicking, it is time to go find a new horse.
- Can’t take a duck to an eagle partyYou can take a duck to an eagle party but be ready when it opens its mouth – everyone is going to know it just doesn’t belong there.
- Kiss the girls who are leaning inWhy go after people to build your business with who aren’t really that interested? Find the ones that are and it will be a whole lot easier.
I didn’t catch who said each one but if you were there you probably have a good idea. The important thing is to take these quotes and apply them to your Shaklee business. And they would apply to just about any other entrepreneur’s quest for success as well.