Good Afternoon and Happy Sunday!
I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Today, I want to talk about the seasonal food, GRAPEFRUIT! I absolutely love grapefruit and feel that it is associated as being a diet food due to the popular 80’s Grapefruit Diet. Anyone else remember this? I might be aging myself here, but essentially you ate 1/2 a grapefruit at every meal and it was supposed to help melt off the pounds.
Now, I don’t necessarily believe that will happen, but I do believe that grapefruit is a great addition to your daily diet for multiple reasons.
Health Benefits of Grapefruit
1) Rich in Vitamin C- helps boost your immune system which is crucial right now with the colds that are going around.
2) Aids in Weight Loss- high in fat-burning enzymes that help boost your metabolism. Try eating a grapefruit a day.
3) High in Vitamin A– that helps to combat skin damage caused by oxidative stress. Protects skin from dryness, psoriasis, acne, and wrinkles.
4) Soothes Sore Throats and Coughs-mix some grapefruit juice with warm water and honey. This will reduce inflammation in the through and soothe the inner lining.
5) Helps with Insomnia- grapefruit contains lycopene which helps induce sleep. Try drinking a warm glass of grapefruit juice before bed for better sleep.
One of my favorite grapefruit varieties is the Organic Honeygold Grapefruit that is only in stores …